• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fdavila514

madreefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey, just want to introduce myself. im Freddy d. from flushing queens. just started the hobby in january with a 10 gal and Am already on a 90 gal bowfront with sump. loving the hobby, not loving the prices. but im doing.:bablefish

fdavila514

madreefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i sure do hope so. so worried about using tap water. hopefully i can get my hands on an rodi for cheap off MR. otherwise im loving how much involvement it takes to keep a healthy envirnment.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Welcome to MR!

if your 90 is full of tap water, it will be difficult to fix w/o doing huge water changes with RO water. You can buy RO for about a buck a gallon at the store (ouch). What do you have in your tank now other than water? I"m worried that most salt water critters won't do so well in "treated" tap water for long :(

Let us know what you're stocked with! And save up your pennies for an RO/DI unit! I, too, have the aquasafe one from ebay - been using it for about four years. There are far better ones out there - I would go for one with clear canisters so you can easily tell when they need to be changed out.

There are vendors and sponsors on this site, too, who can probably set you up with what you need.

Best of luck!

fdavila514

madreefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
80 lbs live rock, ad a 4 inch sandbed.

FISH:
2 clownfish (false oscellaris)
5 blue green chromis
1 royal gramma
1 four striped damsel
1 goby (im not sure what type)
1 blue mandarin
1 hawaiian kole tang
1 cleaner shrimp
about 10 hermit crabs
about twenty or so snails
2 huge snails
1 emerald crab

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: