• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
calfo has some good books on coral (mostly focused on propagation, but still good info). also, wetwebmedia is a good site if you have a specific issue.

the forums are good for some stuff too, but you have to make sure that the advice you are following is from someone reputable.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I want to know what is the best book to read in regards to keeping and maintaining corals. Which corals do better on shrimp and which do better on plankton? How much light etc...
Let me just say this hobby is not for the faint hearted but you have made a very good start by gathering information on the hobby and being a member of MF.Anyway extreme corals .com has a coral care page that will help you a little with coral food and lighting good luck.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I had a bad experience with extremecorals.com.

Stuff arrived dead, as the water was about 50 degrees, and the owner said he would give me a full refund on the stuff that died. He said he would call me back later that day, he never called, would not answer/return my calls, and he ignored my emails as well.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I had a bad experience with extremecorals.com.

Stuff arrived dead, as the water was about 50 degrees, and the owner said he would give me a full refund on the stuff that died. He said he would call me back later that day, he never called, would not answer/return my calls, and he ignored my emails as well.
Thanks for your in put on extreme corals but i am not telling anyone to do business or order anything from them.

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Other sites + MR

I agree with the other reply look at the forums at the bigger sites just pick up a couple of books for reference. Most books are too hard for a beginner to fully understand and when you finally do you don't need it.
Off the subject I never had a problem with Extreme Corals keep calling or put in a grievance with CC company

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
There is a book club on this site HERE I remember the book they discussed the most was the Conscientious Marine aquarist (if i spelled that right I'm going on a spelling bee) this book might be advanced and technical can't really say haven't looked at it just glanced it. Someone mentioned Eric Bonerman and he is a good author, whose (and I don't know if he does it intentionally) wording is more understandable to an average non scientific person (like Myself) :eek:.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: