• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

siond

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having trouble getting my calcium up. Its now in the low 200's and it wont go higher. Im trying esv now for a week and nada. My alk is at around 9

Last edited:

siond

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been supplimenting it with esv B-Ionic alk and cal buffer but to no avail. Either my test kit is bad or my cal is low. But my coralin algae is fading so im goin with the latter

siond

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what it said, could you recomend how much to use?
Ca Increase: 280 ppm
Water Vol: 28 gallons
Using: ESV B-Ionic Original
Will Require: 490 ml;or:
16.6 fl oz;
98 tsp
Effect in PH: Minimal.
Balanced Alk is: 5.95 meq/l at 480 ppm
Ca NOTES: Do not dose all at once although it may be ok to do so, It is not recommended. Dose 1/3 to 1/2 and the next day test, check your levels and then dose another portion.

Last edited:

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Are you running a skimmer? Im using liquid now but am going to switch to a CA reactor next month when i set up my new tank. A CA reactor is nice cause in the long run the media is less expensive then the liquid and you don't have to make sure you does your 2 part every day. Right now I'm doing 45 ml of CA and alk in the morning and 30ml at night. Over the summer i become a little busy and forgot to dose a couple times leading to a alk drop then I raised it to high to fast and lost some of my Birds nest. Once dialed in they can keep it balanced nicley only need adjustment when the system requires a higher or lesser dosage.

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Also I finally got a mag kit after 2 months of trying to keep my alk and ca stable and found that my mag was low just above 1000. I brought it up to 1450 over 10 or 12 days now my CA Alk levels are stable a little low but at least stable. So far my worst experience has been spike issues. Hope this helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: