Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys I just got a Aquaclear 110.. My tank is in the second week of cycle and i wanted to know how I should set it up.. It's a 40 breeder.. Ammonia and Nitrite have already showed on readings.. Do I put in the Foam block then Activated Carbon then Biomax insert? Or should I just add the foam and carbon and wait till AFTER the cycle to add the biomax? Or some other order? I really wanna set this up asap so please let me know you opinions!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
are you going to have this setup as a fish only or FOWLR? (fish only with live rock)?

For either of those, you can use the AC with just the carbon and mechanical filtration. You have to clean them out frequently though. I wouldn't use the biomax at all.

You can set it up now if you want.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeahp, i didn't add the biomax yet guys, i'll add it after the cycle.. Seems to be running perfect with AMAZING flow right now, thanks alot!

One question, do i have to wait till the cycle is over like after adding my CUC to turn it into a cheato fuge? Or can I do it like soon?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: