drizahy4

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week if you caught my previous topic about my octospawn issues.(slowly creeping upward from base)

I been monitoring my calcium levels which have dropped when I went away. The calcium was at 300 in an attempt to increase them I did a water change. In the mean time I went ahead and checked my mag(1300) and alk(8). I was dosing with the Kent turbo calc(small beads not liquid) which was doing ok.

Now here is where things have gone from bad to worse. 2 days ago I retested my calcium as I do every 2 days. In disgust I found my calc levels to slip even deeper to 250. I dose replacement water with the turbo calc as directed. In a hope it was a test kit I purchased another kit. Same exact finding. I proceeded with another 10% water change. And dosed some liquid calc. The mag and alk are stable and the tank life includes buttons, 1 small Monti, digi, octospawn, dendros, and hammer. All of which are good except the hammer and my star polyps have closed since this has started. My dendros I purchased at the swap had 2 heads. 1 of which came out and is growing every time i feed him. The head i have not seen a hint of.

The tank is 1 year and has been stocked for about 4-5 months with those piece except the dendros.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
both test kits suck, and watch your alk with the red sea coral pro it mixes at around 6.5 dkh, but the cal is i do believe around 430 on mix, also switch out calcium additive and use the esv

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I never used to beads, but if you use the liquid like esv, then you can dose, let it mix for 1-2 hours in your tank and then re-test to see how much it brought your tank up and dose more if necessary.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: