funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im currently using seachems phos guard in a filter bag ...my phosphate level is .25 ppm ....I would like to use a media in my reactor is there 1 that works better then another
thanx Eric

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I like and use Two Little Fishies Phosban.

Lots of people use Phosban and Rowaphos (not both, either/or) and honestly, they are very similar in their results. Phosban is just a LOT less expensive.

Russ

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I am using kent phosband or you can go to bulkreefsupply.com and they have the phosband there as well either way you cant go wrong and the problem with that is the spond I have heard actually after it stops working leakes phosphate into the tank.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Im currently using seachems phos guard in a filter bag ...my phosphate level is .25 ppm ....I would like to use a media in my reactor is there 1 that works better then another
thanx Eric

AFAIK they work pretty much the same. It might be possible to further lower your PO4 by dosing nitrate, as KNO3; I've seen some threads on it in places.

(Yes, you're adding NITRATE to the tank, but you do this to induce an algal/phyto bloom that'll suck down the PO4, too. Phyto/algae are then skimmed out or consumed by tank organisms, removing/locking away the PO4.)

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used phosban, it works well, but I think "Kent" phosphate sponge works better, I change the media once a month, it keeps my phosphate at 0, even after topping of the tank w/ tap. Try a refugium, it can reduce cost in the long run.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: