Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
i have used coppersafe more than once in my tank within a years time.. it did absolutely nothing to my rocks. It has been proving that coppersafe does not kill bacteria on live rock.

I guess my tank was the odd ball here!

I used CopperSafe once in my fowlr, and it totally killed everything on my lr as well as a couple of fish.
No I did NOT over dose the tank!!! I used the recommended dosage.;(

YES, you can bring it back! My tank is now holding anemonies as well as some soft corals along with star fish, snails & a few hermits after about 1.5 years since the dosing of CS.;)

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if this is a fish only tank, a few water changes will bring the rock back to its full potential, if is for a reef tank, I'd probably running under f/w for awhile before using it, copper dosn't come out easily, a lot of the test kit dosn't even show .1 on their scale.

funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
iv been down the same road as u .....the bacteria on the rocks will remain but anything living in your rocks are dead ...what i did was removed all my copper from my tank added some new live rock and now im back to normal ......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: