Border09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello!

I have a 34 gallon Solana tank. I currently have a Current USA power compact light but I don't think it is strong enough for my tank and for my corals to grow. I am looking to get a new light, preferably one that can be attached on the back of the tank (so that it doesn't get in the way when I take the lid off) and although I am leaning towards an LED light I am open to other suggestions.

Does anyone have specific lights they suggest for this tank? I'm not entirely sure the proper watts I would need etc...

Any help would be greatful!

THANKS!
biggrin.gif

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i have the solana as well. i use the nova extreme pro for now and plan on possibly going with a led fixture from thortek this month [still havent asked the site on there thoughts yet]

only light that comes to mind that attaches to the back rim would be that elos light that costs 800 dollars hehe.. and there is much better options than that.

is hanging a light an option?

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
a led fixture will caust you quite a large amount of money and in my opinion is not worth it for a tank that size. a 150w metal halide should be fine jsut as long that there is as lttle as possible between the light anf the tank water.

Border09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Border09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Budget: probably around $300

I currently have zoas, mushrooms, xenia, cloves, candycanes, acan, and some monti caps. I'd like to just have a broad spectrum light so I won't be limited and have to keep upgrading.

Any ideas?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have 4x39 w t-5 tek light on my 50 breeder and i have 2 clams 2 anemones ton of shrooms ,xenias,huge toadstool,zoas and ive even had sps in there that were hardy until an angel ate them "damn lemark reef safe my arse lol"anyway im happy with it and so is my electic bill.by the way i have had my clams now close to 2 years

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: