DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so today was the big day...

i didn't realize (nor did my friend I bought it from) that the bottom shelf in the second chamber had been pushed down so that it was at an angle with the lower side at the level of the opening that enters the pump chamber. This created a zero flow zone that had never been cleaned out for almost 2 years. i took that shelf out and found this mucky sludge like black debris down there that was full of those dead white worms and other foul creatures from the deep haha. I siphoned all of the water and crap out of the middle and pump chambers and cleaned it completely. Hopefully that was a big reason why my nitrates were 80. I did about a 35% water change however I did not test the trates tonight but I will tomorrow and hopefully they have been lowered somewhat.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey D I have a fresh bottle of seachem de nitrate- am not going to use it and youre welcome to it if you want it. My nitrates are at 0- bought it for my cousin for his tank when he thought he needed it and I was going to the store anyway. I dont want anything for it so if you want it let me know and well hook up.

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have drastically reduced my feedings and what i've read about my bycolor blenny has come true. I guess he will start to pick at corals in underfed. He's been clearing polyps off my monti cap and has been picking at my favia that i bought over the weekend. I read that he will eat vegetable products so I was wondering If i could just hang a piece of nori in there the days that I do not feed the tank. Would this break down after a little bit and cause the trates to go back up?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: