ozzy

nOOB fanatic
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please direct me in the right direction? I have a 150 gallon tank filled now with live corals. I dose manually but cant get the calcium to stay in the 400's. I am hoping a CA will help keep this balanced.

The only problem I face is buying the right reactor and what exact addons do I need. I go to one store and they tell me I have to spend $1k to $1,200 dollars on one. The other store tells me $400 to $600.

I just need some honest advice.
:sick:
Thanks

nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
need a reactor , media, co2 tank. ph controller, the trick is to make sure all your levels are good once they are good the reactor will balance them out. i purchased a setup for my old 120 cost about 500 or so with everything, you can even get cheaper stuff now. just becarfeul when adding the co2 to the reactor, to much will sky rocket your alk. good luck.

nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i went with a bermuda but there are tons of models out there. saltwatercritters.com has them he will help you out he is a vendor on here. his name is russ tell him dave sent you the guy is outstanding when it comes to customer services.

ozzy

nOOB fanatic
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You!

i went with a bermuda but there are tons of models out there. saltwatercritters.com has them he will help you out he is a vendor on here. his name is russ tell him dave sent you the guy is outstanding when it comes to customer services.

I owe you big time, Russ and I talked for an hour and 6 minutes. He asked me all the equipment I ran, fish, and corals I own.

He made an awesome recomendation and asked me to start out with making my own RO system and using ESV salt to bring up the levels.

He told me let's start there and that should bring everything up, he said once I do acros and monti's then we'll do a reactor.

I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction with Russ. I just placed a nice order with him.

bmarkus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use a MTC procal $695 works very well it uses a big foot print however I use it on my 450 gal tank + 225 gal sum. With the media mix I use I maintain cal @480 MG @ 1250 and alk @ 11. My unit is about 4 months old so I cannot tell how it will work over years.

nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yes russ is awesome i buy all my stuff from him now, most honest business man.

I owe you big time, Russ and I talked for an hour and 6 minutes. He asked me all the equipment I ran, fish, and corals I own.

He made an awesome recomendation and asked me to start out with making my own RO system and using ESV salt to bring up the levels.

He told me let's start there and that should bring everything up, he said once I do acros and monti's then we'll do a reactor.

I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction with Russ. I just placed a nice order with him.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I use a MTC procal $695 works very well it uses a big foot print however I use it on my 450 gal tank + 225 gal sum. With the media mix I use I maintain cal @480 MG @ 1250 and alk @ 11. My unit is about 4 months old so I cannot tell how it will work over years.

I use the same reactor and I have been using it for over three years and love it. However, Russ has you on the right track...

Thane

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Hey ozzy when you’re ready to hook one up I could help you with that.
I personally would recommend a kalk reactor to balance out the low ph from the cal reactor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: