INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
Hey i got a 4 stage ro/di unit got like 4 days ago from a mr memmber everything seem to go preety well the first 2 days the ro system was pluged in pumping about 20 gals a day for 2 days the the 3rd day i plug it in theres no water passin out the flow line "red line" or the purifed water "orange line" wats wrong with it any body have any idea......

bacalao

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is the waster water still coming out? If it is at what rate is it coming out? How old are the filters?

Last edited:

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
Its comein out the flow line red line but it just drips real slow and no water comein out the orange line that the filterd water left it for about 6 hours running and just got like a gollon it was just used 5 time to do a water change to a nano 20 gal and now me like 4 months old ill say

bacalao

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have no idea what the color of the lines mean since my lines are white (for the pure water) and the Black (for the waste water). But am gonna assume the the red line is your waste water. If it is you waste water and thats coming out normal, then it might be your ASOV. I had the same problem with my unit and had them send me a new ASOV and now it works fine again. Maybe you can take it apart and see if there is a blockage too.

You should give the manufacturer a call. If its a air water and ice unit, they are very helpful but I don't know about the others.

Last edited:

bacalao

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm, I never had that problem. Maybe check if there is a blockage in or around the line that lets your faucet water in and make the sure right the valves are closed or opened properly. Other than that, give the manufacturer a call and ask them.

mfarris2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like you have a blocked cartridge. I had a carbon cartridge blocked on my unit and it did the same thing. Do you have a pressure gauge on your RO/DI unit. Does it show good pressure? If it is not showing good pressure, (At least 40psi) then you will need to change at least the sediment and the carbon cartridges.
I have a Spectrapure unit and the manufacture told me that I should change the sediment cartridge monthly. The carbon cartridge bi-monthly. The DI cartridge every six months and the RO membrane yearly. If your unit purchased used had time to dry out,....you may have a problem with the sediment and carbon cartridge being plugged.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
In order for an RO/DI filter to process water properly and efficiently, the supply water needs to be at approx. 77-78 degrees and between 70-80 psi. If your water pressure is only 45 psi, your system will not work.

You need to get a booster pump.

Russ

cmor1701d

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in your other thread, but you may also want to try taking all the cartidges out and see if water passes through (that's why I like the clear cartridges on my AWI unit). If that clear up the flow problem start adding back the filters starting with the sediment and find which one is blocking.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I would try getting a booster pump like previously sated by other members from a vendor on here. My particular one of choice is saltwatercritters. If you bring the pressure up to the psi masterswimmer had mentioned and it still is acting up I'd try getting new membranes, as they get to the end of their life theyre in a sense clogged try getting new membranes and see if that helps

Last edited:

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't know about this unit specifically, but if you can move the pressure gauge, move it between the first and second canister, see what it reads, then between the second and third, etc. You should be able to see which section is causing the drop in pressure and replace the media or membrane in it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: