greenycrew

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I need to replace the original bulb in my JBJ 28 HQI... It has been about 10 mos... Is there really that much of a difference btwn a 20k bulb I find on ebay versus a radium 20k besides the three times price difference? Is it really worth 3x the price difference?

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So I need to replace the original bulb in my JBJ 28 HQI... It has been about 10 mos... Is there really that much of a difference btwn a 20k bulb I find on ebay versus a radium 20k besides the three times price difference? Is it really worth 3x the price difference?

Each company has its own formula and will have a different hue to it- I had IceCap 14K's and they were pretty much white- I went to Pheonix 14K's and theyre a lot bluer than the IceCap's were. I would suggest though going with a name brand- Don't skimp on your lighting- besides water quality it's the most important thing for your aquarium.

cmor1701d

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having bought some of the cheap bulbs on eBay in the past I will say YES there is a big difference. I went back to name brand after 4 months. So if you want to change bulbs 3x/year it's a break even except for your time <G>.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: