Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey all..

Does any one know a company which makes all-in-ones such as a Nanocube, Biocube or Aquapod.. but that is not a "cube" shape.

I'd like to get an all in one that has a more of a rectangular shape.

The dimensions of a 29gal is what I'm shooting for.. I'd be willing to buy used as well.

29 gal dimensions: 30 1/4 x12 1/2 x18 3/4 (LxWxH)

However it could be up to 15 inches in depth and 20 inches in height. The length would have to be no longer than 31 inches.

Thanks

-Stan

*This is the stand

0086570_PE215403_S4.JPG

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think that if this proves too difficult, I'll "re-aquascape" my room a tiny bit haha, (which entails rotating a little shelf unit I have 90 degrees, making it narrower).

Measure how much width I'll have then, and see what I can fit altogether with a new stand I guess.

Depth isn't really that big of a deal (its only limited b/c of the stand).. the only limiting factor for me is the width of the tank.

Mikei70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is that made to be a tank stand, or is it a bookshelf that you are using as one?

The reason I ask is that while the wood looks plenty strong to support the weight, I don't see anything keeping it from just collapsing sideways.

newbie_newbie_new

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a little smaller than what you are looking for, but the cadlights 22g is 23.75"L x 14.25"W x 14.5"H.

the old cadlights 34g was ~24x18x18 (4" of the front-to-back 18" is the rear compartment), not quite a cube, but less long then what you are looking for...

i always wondered why nobody sells good false walls that could be siliconed into a standard glass aquarium. seems like a business opportunity there... just need a good design and the ability to cut acrylic.

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah Chief.. thats what I think I'm going to have to do. I don't totally trust this ikea stand. I got it as a present a while ago, and slightly after got into keeping a reef. So I couldn't just get rid of it cause it was new and mom would have killed me. However I think I'll be getting a new stand.. with whatever setup I end up getting. My room is on the 2nd floor, so I can't get anything too large, I figured no more than 50g should be good. I just don't want to deal with a setup that include a sump until I have my own place and can have a nice big tank on the ground floor. Guess I'll be looking around for deals on the Marketplace.

Seaclear looks pretty cool.. but the prices are def. way too high for me.

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Go on ebay and search for this guys name " macilwu " This is where I got my AIO from and I got it for a great price. He does rounded edges and will make a tank any dimensions you would like, rimeless etc. He is negotiable and the work he does is beautiful. He even shipped me my tank for free. I highly recommend him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: