DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How do I connect the ALC module to the Reef Keeper Lite? I don't even know which wire to use or where to plug it into the RKL. I don't want to start plugging it in and messing around with anything until I have a better idea of what to do. Any pointers/links to sites that talk about how to do it would be greatly appreciated!!!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Dreutz any modules get plugged in to the other bus connector where the head unit plugs into the pc4. If you add another pc4 itll plug into the unused bus plug on that one. Then on the ALC the unused bus on that the itemp can plug into

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ok cool i have the cord in bus 1 on alc and temp probe in bus 2 on alc... the ALC will be an input or an output?

im not sure what the alc does but if its monitoring tank conditions of any sort i would guess its an input, anything that the head unit is controlling is an out anything that tells the head unit anything is an in-- the alc should have the 2 bus plugs on the top- so on the pc4 there will be 2 bus plugs 1 has the head unit plugged in the other has the itemp if your using it- unplug the itemp from the pc4 bus- plug in the alc then the itemp in the unsed buss in the alc its all one big daisy chain.

also go to www.forum.digitalaquatics.com register and it has forums and message boards just like here is great for answering questions.

I also have 4 spare 1 ft. bus cables and 1 spare 6 ft. if you need let me know and I can throw you one

Last edited:

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok its set up like that. I found in the outputs there are new items dim A and dim B.. This is where I will control my lights?

They don't get here until saturday, but I wanted to get this set up before they get here.. thanks for the help JR

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: