Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hey INNEED...can you tell me what this is? It looks like a big asterina in my tank, on the glass...
reef.jpg

Can you see it?

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I dont know Chraddam....may be getting old and need glasses I saw it LOL.....J/K.

And Inneed if it grows back on the ceramic plug you can transfer the palys onto a new plug that way you can keep the corals- if you like them a lot, otherwise if you didnt pay a lot for them but is a living creature so maybe transfering to a new plug would be the best of both worlds

Last edited:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
good luck i have fighting it for months now i tryed tech m etc etc pullied it out by hand nothing works i am taking all my rock out and starting over GET IT OUT BEFORE ITS TO LATE:banghead:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
INNEED, I am with you. I wouldn't ditch the frag, but I would MOST CERTAINLY ditch the rock/disk/plug that the frag is on along with that bryopsis. Remove the coral from the rock, and glue it on a new plug.
No sense in taking a chance with bryopsis...............................

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
INNEED....If I were you, instead of just getting rid of the algae, I would also consider why the algae grew so quickly in your tank....chances are you did not get every last bit of the algae off the frag/plug/rock, and it may very well grow back...also, in the future you will be getting more stuff(you seem to be a big buyer of coral), and you will certainly get more algae on rocks/frags.....keep you water in check and the algae will not be able to thrive.

Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
INNEED....If I were you, instead of just getting rid of the algae, I would also consider why the algae grew so quickly in your tank....chances are you did not get every last bit of the algae off the frag/plug/rock, and it may very well grow back...also, in the future you will be getting more stuff(you seem to be a big buyer of coral), and you will certainly get more algae on rocks/frags.....keep you water in check and the algae will not be able to thrive.

And limit your lighting. AND a new clean-up crew wouldn't hurt in the upgraded tank.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Guys it was only on the plug. Bryopsis isnt like green hair algae or cyanobacteria- it came into his tank as a hitchhiker and he ditched the frag and no longer has it in the tank. Someone else had posted about bryopsis- that they had tried everything to remove it- from plucking it out to removing the rocks and scrubbing them- to no avail. Thankfully he got rid of it before it grew or seeded itself anywhere else in the tank.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: