Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
RBT anemone split on me 3 month ago . it seemed to almost split right in half. one stayed near the 1st location the other move around a bit , then settle at a spot that seem not to be thriving(in size).i would like to move it to the left side of the tank, i though that i had read that an easy way to free them up is with an ice cube in a bag. dose this really work or is there a better way to accomplish this. also in one of the picture shows how much they are stretching. before the split it was close to 12" wide but it didn't stretch like now.any suggestion greatly appreciated in advance thanks

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 237
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 238

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Looks to me bert like its just stretching to get to light the way it wants it from where it attached. Maybe it likes the flow of the new spot but wanted more light?

I have also been told the ice cube in a bag trick works well. Have also heard if you massage the foot where its attached or to aim a powerhead right at it itll try to move to get away from the irritation. NYReefNoob at the swap also mentioned if your able to get the rock its on out of the water and hang the nem above the water itll detach to get back into the water. Although from the pic the rock removal probably isnt an option?Good luck and would like to know what method you use that works for you.

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
it just seem so much smaller than the other piece(the other half) , I'm going to hold on moving it . if i dont get any confirmation on the ice i guess it'll get a foot massage as moving the rock is not a choice
thanks for the replies

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Another option, since it appears to be attached to a small pinnacle on the rock, would be to cut the rock without disturbing the attachment point and glue that somewhere you hope it'll stay.

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Jim it worked it took the whole ice cube to melt but she came off now she is sitting in her new place lets hope that she'll still there in the morning . she'll be sending holiday cards to all from her new address
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 200

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
it seemed that when it had split and they recovered that they were very close in size. then it pick that last placement and it didn't resemble what it used to be . so hope with this new location it should get plenty of light and grow like her parent

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: