TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i have a 120 gal reef tank with 5 fish and a few corals in it so far i wanna get some cleaner shrimp how many should i put in my tank i will be getting more fish just doing a few at a time tank is still young thanks in advance....

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
pretty much your choice. i choose to put only two in my 72g. my other buddy has a 135 and has 2 as well. yet someone else i know has 6 in his 90g. all i noticed that was different was that when there were a group of cleaners they teamed up to clean one fish. mine only does it one at a time even though the two shrimp never leave each others side and shares a peice of krill together everyday.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i have a 120 gal reef tank with 5 fish and a few corals in it so far i wanna get some cleaner shrimp how many should i put in my tank i will be getting more fish just doing a few at a time tank is still young thanks in advance....

I'd say just put in two, particularly if you're interested in having a lot of LPS-type corals. More than that gets annoying 'cause the little SOBs steal food from corals.

rickb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Get at least 2 and make sure you have at least 2 peppermint. I think when i had one peppermint the cleaner took him out.

Now I have two of each in a 90 and all seems good

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: