roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Woke up this morning to find my sabe anemone stuck half way in the propeller of my mp 40. I can't even pull it out of the side grills. water was very cloudy. Did a water change to see if it helps. My ? to u guys is do u think i should take my black clowns out and put them in another tank for now? they are my main concern.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
How much of a water change did you do?

Did you get it out of the Vortech yet??

You should run some carbon, even if you don't have a reactor, get it in a mesh bag (or two) and put it in a high flow area, especially since the tank is cloudy.

You also should begin to test for ammonia in the tank later today/tomorrow.

A pic of what the anenome looks like now would help.

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Not able to pull it out. I turned power off to vortech. Don't want to pull to hard, Don't want to tear it. i'm dripping the clowns to another tank right now.I have a carpet anemone in the same tank the sabe was in should i take hin out too.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you aren't getting any ammonia readings and did a large enough water change, you shouldn't have to take anything out - but you DO need to get that anenome out of there.

You can press down on the wet end (after taking it out of the tank), unscrew the outer frame and get the anenome out of there. If it is stuck on the impeller, it is probably dead anyway (sorry :()...and you really should have the vortech going to help keep the tank oxygenated (thru gas exchange at the surface) - especially if you had a dead aninal in there.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Moving your other livestock to another tank isnlt going to help much as the new tank will go through a cycle anyway if you leave them in there more than a day or so.

Probably not worth stressing them that much if you can avoid it and can get your 120 stable.
First, get the anenoma out of there :(

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
sabe aneome

pics

Attachments

• 5-16-10 016.jpg
    5-16-10 016.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 5-16-10 017.jpg
    5-16-10 017.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 168

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The other tank is a established 75g holding tank. with no sand bed. Will the carpet need sand? His foot is anchored on the bottom of tank can i pull him off without hurting his foot?

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
All that stuff is free floating.Think i should dump him? Just got it yesterday:eek::eek: Nice size to. tank is a AIO no filter sock. Have 2 bags of chemipure and started a carbon reactor. Live rock in rear chamber and floss.
Still have a carpet anemone in there should take him out?:eek::eek:

stbarnabas

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I have a huge ritiri got stuck on my koralia week ago , ritiri didn't make it also my clowns after that event they develop white spot on them and they all die

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You should definitely take it out of your display tank!

Was the mouth or foot damaged? If not, I would set up a small 5 or 10 gallon for it, and watch it closely to see if it tries to heal itself.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: