pyekhine

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi,

I bought a used reef octopus extreme 160(psk 2500 pump) for 150g tanks about a month ago. I has been running constantly but i don't see much dirty stuff in the collection up. So i raised the water level to over the neck and still don't see much in the cup. Am I doing something wrong or it is still in the break-in process?

pyekhine

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yea, i can see the foam abut it is not falling into the cup. It hits the lid but not overflowing to the cup.... i got the skimmer after reading all the good things about it. It collected about a shot glass full of skim mate over 2 weeks which is ridiculous.

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I had the same skimmer and it kept my 90g with 17 fish clean! its great skimmer. however the air tube gets easily stuffed, i would clean it right away. also very important to make sure your sump water level is always the same. if you water level constantly changes, skimmer will not work efficiently. let it break in few weeks and it should be good skimmer for your tank. although if you ask me, this skimmer is perfect for 75/90g tank, not 150...

cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
one thing for sure, no matter how clean the tank may look or readings be zero u should get some muck. my guess is to clean the air tube and pump esp. at the point where the air tube meets the pump.

autoponicz