TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I need a skimmer for my 92 corner it will be going in a 20 high sump because it seems that is the biggest one I can fit under the cabinet. =[

I have been looking at ETSS reef devil and the Evolution 500 tech.

Anyone have/use these in the past?
Def want some input before I buy.

Might be interested in other skimmers as well such as mtc etc.
LMK if anyone has one for sale.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ice owned the reef devil, the sump buddy 40 and 60, the sump buddy was a kick arse skimmer and either the 40 or the 60 would be more then enough for that system

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have the 1000 and that thing skims like nobodies business. The devil is just a smaller version it should pull mud out of your system as well. ETSS 2 thumbs up.

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have used many different types of skimmers and the ETSS downdraft system always performs well. Just make sure you have a pump powerful enough to drive skimmer, and clean the bio balls in downdraft tower every few months. ETSS always skims! I have never used the sump buddy personally but have heard many great thing about their performance, and if it performs anything like their larger skimmers, im sure it skims like mad. The only draw back i find with these skimmers is large pumps needed to drive skimmer.

Good luck

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
lol Thanks mike yea I plan on cleaning it regularly. I'm just trying to figure out which one because due to the shape of my 92 corner I can only use a 20 high which is not that big and I want to have a fuge in there as well..I might even just do a seperate fuge like a 10 and plumb it together. That is probably my best bet.

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have the etss sump buddie 40 and that is rated I think for 100 or 150 gal tank. Im using this one because of my half circle tank and the room under it, there is very little room under there but if I could I would have got the next one up which I think is sump buddie 60 cause over kill is always good and you can always turn it down but never turn it up then what its rated for...But I am very happy with the skimmer and never had a problem with it. When it was shipped to me the skimmer cup was cracked and I called the company and spoke to the owner and he was very nice and had no problem shipping me a new cup that day... so Im happy with both the company and the skimmer..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: