bartmalave

"Starting Over"
Vendor
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
i have this toadstool the head ripped off will it die or will it live. should i dispose of or will it live.

Attachments

• SAM_2265.jpg
    SAM_2265.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 210
  • SAM_2264.jpg
    SAM_2264.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 204
  • SAM_2261.jpg
    SAM_2261.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 202
  • SAM_2263.jpg
    SAM_2263.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 203

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Bart, unless there is a problem in the tank and the toadstool is dieing for some other reason, it should be able to survive and recover. As a matter of fact, both the base and the 'mushroom' part can live and you'd have two in your tank. The head actually looks pretty good. The base doesn't look all that great. Why did it separate? What happened?

Russ

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Get it on a piece of rock if you havnt already... Leathers tend to drop clones when theres not enough room around it or its being bothered by something.. They will reattach themselves to pieces of rock but dont seem to survive on the sandbed alone

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I trim my leathers on a regular basis and they keep coming back.

As was stated, if tank is healthy, your leather will recover. In fact, now you will have 2 of them. I have even seen leathers in bad shape, that once the tank parms got back to shape, recovered from near "death". Leathers are very hardy. Just make sure you mount the leather to live rock.

I even had one leather that became top heavy and ripped down to a lower level of rock. Now, the thing is even bigger.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: