rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
quick question I have a rock encrusted with gsp that is about 8x6, he has not opened up fully yet, just see little green heads sticking out, he is on the bottom of the tank. the tanks is 30" deep, and i run 3 150w 20k halides, and 4 96w pc actinics, the lights are on 8 hours for actinics and 6 hours for halides, tank parameters are as follows
sg-1.025
temp-78
ph-8.3
alk-10dkh
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-0
phosphate-?
cal-450
mag-?
iodine-?
strodium-?
I didn't get a chance to get these test kits yet, working on getting this weekend.
what am I doing wrong?

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Move higher 1st and check your magnesium when you get your test kits. Remember where i had mine & how high up. Also... recall the epsom salt convo we had.. 4lbs for 1 gallon of RODI water to make magnesium. TTY soon.

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
it doesn't take much for them to not fully open. Anything disturbing them and they would react..ie, hermits or snails stepped over it? if they are open but not fully, it may be that...

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
ok so i got my mag test today and tested it was 1150, started to raise it using brightwell magnesion, hope this helps, ozone- have to read up more on using epsom salt before I attemp it. I know you use it regularly. I am not an expert like you are so just a little scared.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Never will I be an expert.. especially in this hobby. I will always be a(newbie) because there is always something new to learn. Trail and errors my friend. Glad you got you mag test kit. Just give me a call, you have my number. TTY laterz.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I had a GSP in my tank for several months, not growing and then one day it exploded with growth. You will find a number of experienced reefers will tell you to get rid of it. The reason, is that it can quickly grow out of control.

If you decide to keep it, try to keep the rock it is on from touching anything else. So that when it gets acclimated, it won't take over your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: