Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 220 gal reef, dual overflows, 55 gal sump/refuge. Im using a powercompactt light, chinese brand with 3 250Watt MH and 4 96 Watt actinics.
tank is 72 long 24 wide 30 deep. No major algea problems. lites on from 12 noon till 8 or 9 pm. should I add a couple more hours to increase coral growth ?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've read that an 8 hour cycle with some actinic-bookends was the way to go, but I am by no means an expert on the topic (i.e. I've gotten decent growth on low end softies only).

My cycle is:
Actinics 2PM - 11PM
10k 3PM - 10PM

dj ze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i run my actinics for 12 hours and my whites for 10 hours i have tremendous growth with my sps's but my lights are also led's i could aford to run them longer without the electrical overkill

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I've read that an 8 hour cycle with some actinic-bookends was the way to go, but I am by no means an expert on the topic (i.e. I've gotten decent growth on low end softies only).

My cycle is:
Actinics 2PM - 11PM
10k 3PM - 10PM

+1 same for me on lighting sched. Not only do corals require lighting needs but other factors are involved aswell. Water changes to replace lost trace elements, feeding of some type of additive aswell. They are all interlinked. Remember if you do decide to increase.. start gradually as not to stress your corals and stunt there growth.

heylauren

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a 220 gal reef, dual overflows, 55 gal sump/refuge. Im using a powercompactt light, chinese brand with 3 250Watt MH and 4 96 Watt actinics.
tank is 72 long 24 wide 30 deep. No major algea problems. lites on from 12 noon till 8 or 9 pm. should I add a couple more hours to increase coral growth ?

Depends on who is paying the electric bill!

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
I run my t5's from 9 am to 7 pm ,, and my 14k mh 150's from 10 am to 6 pm ,,and my electric bill fluctuated by 30 bucks goin From 4 96 watt pc's to mh/t5's

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: