louoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
ok i have a mag pump but it has no # on it I have a mag 7 and it has a #. Both pumps look the same size but how can i found out

louoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
i guess i will put them in my tub. i know if open them to see the impellers i will misplace something,thanks guys

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
If you have a piece of hose the diameter of the pump outlet you could either empty or fill a bucket whose volume you know and use the time it takes to empty/fill to calculate the gph. Just put the pump with the hose attached in a stoppered sink with water or a bucket filled with water and pump into an empty bucket. See how long it takes to fill to a particular level. For instance, if it takes 10 seconds to pump two gallons into the empty bucket then in 1 hour (3600 seconds) it would pump (3600/10)*2 = 720gallons. Of course you would take the regular precautions to make sure the pump doesn't run dry, or have the plug contact water. Btw, my friends complain that they can never understand me.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I know!! That's why I leave teaching to professionals! lol! Basically, if it pumps out two gallons in 10 seconds you calculate how many gallons it will pump out in an hour. That will give you the gph for the pump. That won't make it any clearer though!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: