Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That largely depends on the lighting and what else lives in the tank.

Most easy and hardy are soft corals, mushrooms, polyps, zoas/palys, green star coral.
A little more involved are large polyp stony corals, frogspawn, duncan, hammer.

But it all depends on the lighting in the tank.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
We if all pareters are good I would tell her to start off with either softies or some lps beginner corals and see how they do try a frogspawn it's a beginner but really pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Candy canes are easy to care for and not expensive.
Frogspawns and hammers are also an easy group to have and you have the nice wavy motion they make.
Open brains are also easy to care for but they should be fed and they are a little more costly but the colors are amazing. The feeding tentacles come out about an hour after the ligts are out. They need to be fed finely chopped foods. They will take bigger pieces but chances are they really won't digest them.
In a tank that size I would go for colonies which show up nice. You could start with frags which is cheaper and grow them into colonies.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
+1 on colonies. But also get some frags. You kind of forget about them and they surprise you when you notice how big they get.

Duncans are cool, they are LPS and they are photosynthetic or you can feed them.

They are a great intro to spot feeding, as they get big when fed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: