Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ok my hair algae problem is all gone finally:birthday:. I have a foxface that is the most shy skittish fish i have seen in my whole life starting to regret getting one. Now the my agae is under control whats the best food for tangs/herbervoires that they absolutly love?

Attachments

• algae 1.jpg
    algae 1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 101
  • GEDC0222.jpg
    GEDC0222.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 99

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Yay you! Nice job getting that under control :) Please do tell us what steps you took.

Nori strips should always be in the tank for herbivores hanging from a veggie clip. I like the Ocean Nutrition foods - the Formula Two Pellets in particular are excellent and a good staple diet (containing the vitamins & minerals they require).

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ok here is the story I filled my tank and sump with tap water to get tank started. Big mistake! I then did a zeovit cycle lasted 14 days. I then got that forest you see. I then put 2 reactors in my sump one charcoal one phosban. then cut lighting to 6 hours a day. then went on eBay ordered a bunch of cuc cheap! Then got 2 sea hares,kole tang,hippo tang,fox face, and lawnmower blenny 1 fish a week . I also slammed my tank with 4 water changes a week 5 gal. I used rodi water at all times and did not ad corals. In 2-3 weeks you see results. Once phosphate rose I change phosban cause dieing algae does that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: