RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i am pretty sure my water is good , im using ro/di water. its reads 000 ppm,i had my water tested by a friend everything was fine.my bulbs are a little old already.i recently purchased a phosphate remover,nice size refugium with algae and deep sand bed,i really think its my mh bulbs

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
i honestly think everything is fine,,,,all my rbta and gbta dont have any bubbles anymore,,,they more look like lta if anything ,,,look at my avatar,,,thats a rbta that looks like a red lta

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok well just keep on top of the quality. I would say every 6-9 months they should be replaced. Give it a shot. My rbta only bubbles up on about 1/4 of the tentacles, sometimes none at all. If his foot is still anchored nicely and he takes food I wouldnt worry too bad, plus if your bulbs are shot it wont just be then nem your corals will look not so great either.

Best wishes...Jimmy

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
No prob. I wouldnt sweat it if it starts to not open and look sickly then its in trouble but mine isnt bubbly all the time and its thriving- its grown to 4x what it was when I got it and has split all without a lot of bubbling.

Heres what it looked like when I got him this was his first night in the tank, notice he was all bubbled up

sdc10297m.jpg

And heres what it looks like now- youll see hes not bubbled like he was at first.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i am pretty sure my water is good , im using ro/di water. its reads 000 ppm,i had my water tested by a friend everything was fine.my bulbs are a little old already.i recently purchased a phosphate remover,nice size refugium with algae and deep sand bed,i really think its my mh bulbs

i would say it may be from the addition of the phosphate remover. Although i dont and have not ran one, i have definitely heard in the past that it can affect /disturb corals or nems.

just a thought.

is the refugium new as well? any type of change could definitely cause your nem to change moods!

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Sometimes BTAs just lose their bubbled tips when they grow, but they remain perfectly healthy. +1 on what Jimmy said about the anchoring and food, and what Jonny said about changes in the system. I'd also be concerned if it was bleaching, but if the only thing it's doing is not bubbling at the tips I wouldn't stress too much over it.A lso maybe post a pic so others could see whats going on and maybe catch something that you didn't. Good luck, hope this helps :)

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

Just so ya know I was referring to your parameters not your TDS.

Do you have your own test kits? I know you said your friend tested your water but if you dont have your own kits nows the time to get them. You should have kits for all parameters on hand to be able to test your water as soon as something may not look right between your normal testing times. Whether you test once a week or once every 2 days, if something goes wrong and your animals start to show stress you should be able to pull out the kits and investigate whats goin on. Good luck with the nem although Im sure hes probably fine.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Looks good to me man. The colors nice and deep, if it wasnt getting proper light it would lose the color in its zooxanthellae and would eventually start to look bleached. Its anchored I wouldnt worry about it,especially if it takes food.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: