Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So it's been a long time coming, but I'm still here. I haven't given up yet! I started this tank up about 8 months ago and have had varying stuff in it like anyone else with a saltwater aquarium. I've met some really cool people along the way, learned a lot, and overcome my dad telling me I wouldn't be able to manage a tank myself. :) I would love to hear back any kind of suggestions about upgrades of any kind or any DIY projects that could be good for my system. I hope you enjoy the photos. Thanks for taking a look.

25576_544015781025_17403301_31898061_4758289_n.jpg

This is my tank about 3 months in. These were some of my first corals. Some of them were a small Ricordea colony, The Hammer Coral that I got from Randy. You can also see my FileFish in the back left corner. Eventually I had to get rid of the FileFish because it was nipping at some of my corals. Lesson learned. I can't believe that's the same sand I have now!

Since then I upgraded my lighting to a K2 Viper 70 Watt Metal Halide Light. Unfortunately the colors are typically on the yellow side because of the type of bulb in there now. I dressed up the lighting for these photos with an LED strip.

k.jpg

m.jpg

f.jpg

e.jpg

This is how it looks normally. A pretty awful yellowish brown color :/ New lights came in a little while ago going to build some sort of setup in the near future. (1-2 months from now)

wires.jpg

setup.jpg

My Newish Stand / Old Bed Side Table :)

Well I hope you all enjoy these images, I will continue to post as changes are coming for sure. I am excited to hear back.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know that the whole bottom side should be sitting flat on a steady surface, but this is all i have for right now. believe me, this is a lot stronger than the last piece of furniture I had the tank sitting on. i.e. $7.99 Ikea table. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: