Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If you put them on a rock they'll
Grow out eventually on to the rock, with only plugs they'll continue to grow on them most likely.

I always glued the plugs to rocks when I had mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I would wait until your sure the corals are happy where you put them. Monitor them in case the snails, fish etc knock them over...but give them some time to adjust to the light and water parameters, then glue them down.

agreed. I made the mistake of cementing down 1 of my trumpets in the front corner, and they hated the flow.I cemented it into a crevice and was impossible to try to break off. I had to move rocks around to accommodate for the trumpets

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
its a double edged sword like they mentioned earlier . . . test the spot if the corals are happy with it, make sure you like the spot and GLUE THAT SUCKA. The last thing you want to do is have to put you hand in the tank more every day because you have spiteful inverts

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Depending on the frag it will grow onto the rock it is placed against.
I wouldnt glue anything that was a fast grower.
Most importantly, I would not glue anything if you havent before without researching it further. Different frags require different techniques.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: