NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys. well i recently bought ocean nutrition formula one pellets for my tank and they my chromis are not eating them and its been 2 weeks.. they barely eat. i use to feed these little dried pieces of shrimp i have a pic. i fed it to my firefish which lived for a month and a half. and i saw his mouth started getting grey and puffing up. he eventually died of cottonmouth. could it have been because of these shrimp because my chromis's are not eating and if my firefish didnt die because of the dried shrimp then i think i should feed it to my chromis because if they dont eat eventually theyll die.. heres how to shrimp look

167_2338.jpg

167_2339.jpg

167_2340.jpg

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you soaking them before you feed the fish?

Might not hurt to add some vitamins to the soak water.

well at first it didnt, but then i noticed it was too dry so i did soak them... how long do i need to soak? and what kind of vitamins do i need to add? i am planning on feeding these to my 2 chromis fish.

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just soak them until they sink.

I'd add something like Vita-Chem. Probably unnecessary, but can't hurt.

Chromis' are pretty tough.

k ill soak them until they sink.. ill also probably crush them too and make em small pieces so the chromis fish can fit it into their mouths.. they havent eaten in forever..

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those supposed to be snacks for humans? If so, you should probably avoid putting them in your tank, they may have added spices and whatnot.
o no they dont have anything added at all. i smelled them already. they can be used for cooking, but their's no anything special in them. i put them in tank already for damseles but they did not eat them. i am going to buy frozen mysis shrimp. also my firefish i think got cottonmouth because of it but not sure. they might be dirty because some was used for cooking, but i did soak them in fresh r/o first. i am going to exchange my food from petco and get frozen mysis from my lfs.

If you really want to use human food get a bag of cocktail shrimp, that's what I used to feed my anemones for a long time but I ended up doing a big order with Jehmco so I got myself two blocks of silversides. If you want something your fish can eat, since you're already using ocean nutrition, use ocean nutrition formula one flakes, my fish love them, even my blue throat triggers go nuts for it. I also feed new life spectrum 1mm pellets and everyone in my tank loves those. My personal feeding includes Ocean Nutrion Formula One Flakes, New Life Spectrum 1mm Marine Pellets, Frozen Mysis, Frozen Plankton and Frozen Silversides (for anemones).

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant more like....reading a label, not smelling them. Generally, you want to keep your kitchen things and tank things separate.
ya it's just kept in a plastic bag inside a glass bottle. no brand or anything. i think it's imported from asia. theres no labels. either way i am going to buy frozen mysis shrimp.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: