Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Came home today to find the crown of my feather duster on the sand bed... is it dead? I kinda recall hearing the crown could grow back. Is this true? How do I tell if it's dead or alive?

If it is dead, what could have caused it? I've had it about a month and it seems to have been doing well.

I micro-pellets every afternoon and alternate between frozen cubes and Rotifeast at night.

Params all 0. PH between 8.15 and 8.25 throughout cycle and salinity at just under 1.024... both according to Pinpoint meters.

I attached pics... not sure if they will show up here or not.

Attachments

• IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0235.jpg
    IMAG0235.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 167
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Had one that did the same thing..dropped the crown after two days...It started to grow back after about a week or two.

Just make sure the worm is still inside...you'll see him reacting to light and movement around him.

Water parameters could have caused it but more likely just from being stressed by something..

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I saw a hermit picking at where the worm/crown should be... can't tell if the worm is there or not. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it for a couple weeks. Need to check all params tonight as I noticed salt buildup on my sump/skimmer and the salinity has been slowly dropping. Gotta fix it all up tonight.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I got home from work last night my salinity had dropped to 35 from 51 a day earlier on my PinPoint monitor! It turns out the bettery was running low on the monitor and was giving the bad value so this morning I had to change out some water for some ro/di to make up for the salt I added. Lession learned, I'm only going to turn on the Salinity and PH monitors when I need to read them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: