petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have a bocube my sellf and replaced the returning pump with a rio one but you can get one from hydor wich i belive they are more dependable !go with a pump with more gph would benefit from not putting extra pumps in the tank !

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a bocube my sellf and replaced the returning pump with a rio one but you can get one from hydor wich i belive they are more dependable !go with a pump with more gph would benefit from not putting extra pumps in the tank !

I've heard of people upgrading the biocube return pumps. What is the reason for this? Is it to get the water in and out of your back chambers as quickly as possible or is it to add higher flow in the display area or both?

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've heard of people upgrading the biocube return pumps. What is the reason for this? Is it to get the water in and out of your back chambers as quickly as possible or is it to add higher flow in the display area or both?
both.. since I've added a large pump (maxi jet 900) my zoa's and ric's have opened all the way up like they did right under the return, that was atleast 6 months ago.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: