I

ItsMe

Sorry if post in a wrong section.

Hi Pals & Gals!

Would like to say Hi to all manhattansreefs's folks.

newbie in this hobby

my set up "bought from ebay".

FOWLRS

1 Week old
50 Gallon
Fluval 305 filter
skimmer "dont know the specs"
lights Glo T5 2x39w
Power head kotalia 2
live rocks 40 lbs
live sand dont know the volume
fishes - 1 Box fish
2 Clown fish
1 Blue Tang
1 Mandarin.

ItsMe

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Welcome to MR, you found the right place to post that.

This is a friendly place to look around for help and a great sounding board for ideas.

Allow me to say a couple things with regards to your livestock.

Your tang will outgrow your tank pretty soon. They dont stay happy in smaller (under 120 gallons) tanks for very long. They are great fish to keep and I have heard people pass them on to people with larger tanks when they get too big to keep.

Also, is your mandarin eating? They are not recommended for noobs because they require a difficult diet for un-established tanks. You can supplement this with the regular addition of copepods.

http://livecopepods.com/

Enjoy,

I

ItsMe

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Welcome to MR, you found the right place to post that.

This is a friendly place to look around for help and a great sounding board for ideas.

Allow me to say a couple things with regards to your livestock.

Your tang will outgrow your tank pretty soon. They dont stay happy in smaller (under 120 gallons) tanks for very long. They are great fish to keep and I have heard people pass them on to people with larger tanks when they get too big to keep.

Also, is your mandarin eating? They are not recommended for noobs because they require a difficult diet for un-established tanks. You can supplement this with the regular addition of copepods.

http://livecopepods.com/

Enjoy,

thanks alot for the advises.

ItsMe

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Welcome to MR.

My first recommendation is to bring all your livestock to an LFS, friend or advertise for someone local with an established tank to take ALL of your fish.

1 - a tank as young as yours should have zero fish in it.
2 - your tank is not suitable for a tang
3 - a boxfish is an EXTREMELY difficult fish to keep alive in an established (over one year) tank.....if ever.
4 - a mandarin is a difficult fish to keep alive in a 75 gallon tank that is 6 months mature. Certainly not in a 50g tank after one week.

Please try to pass your fish on to someone with a suitable tank. You'll be doing the right thing for them.

Again, welcome to MR
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: