Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am relatively new to the hobby. I had smaller tanks but nothing crazy . I just updated to a 125 gallon reef tank with 27.5 gallon refugium , and a 27.5 gallon sump. Now its basically a 55 gallon tank split in half with a piece of acrylic siliconed in the middle , Now for my problem i have an octopus 160 extreme skimmer,I'm afraid its going be too hard to work on being that my 55 is only 4 or 5 inchs away from the bottom of my display tank. I wanna get an out of sump protien skimmer or possibly turn mine into a out of sump skimmer, is this possible, or and ideas? or possibly someone willing to trade. oh by the way the 55 gallon is not in place it there is a smaller 30 gallon in place of it rite now I need to drain the display tank to do this. all help will be appericated.

If someone is interested in the skimmer maybe we can work something out it comes with two psk-2500 pumps as well both working one brand new.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
do you have room to put a remote tank else where? you can use another tank that ythe skimmer fits in, set it higher than the sump and have ut drilled abt 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up.. use your return pump with a tee to pump water to that tank, where all the skimming will happen and then with the bulkhead you drilled have it drain back to your sump.. it will create a continuos loop and you will increase the amt of watter being skimmed bc a portion of the return will always go back thru the skimmer.. i dont know if this helps but its an idea and maube you can build off this or maybe it may spark an idea with your situation since we cant really see what you have..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
185cd.jpg
186b.jpg
188yw.jpg
ok I took some pictures today of my new sump and old one as well the protein skimmer and my clearance issues I was gonna put a 30 gallon reservoir, behind the tank but i might use for what motortrendz suggested and put a 15/20 gallon as my reservoir on the side of the tank , nothing 100% yet though.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ebay is where i got my ro\di, the 160 extreme isn't big enough for a system that size, reguardless of what they rate it at. and no you can't turn it into a external, and if you will only have 4" between bottom of stand and sump id look into a different sump

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i put up two other posts but they had pictures in it and they did not show anyone know why? i liked motortrendz idea i could use my old 30 gallon sump take out the baffles and put it behind my tank in a closet that's in another room, and if the octopus 160 is too small what one would some of you recommend, I am sorry for all the questions but I only wanna set this up once.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: