DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So i have a blue mushroom with dark red/purpleish spots on it right next to a green striped mushroom. I also have a green mushroom on the other side of the tank that has white blotches on it. Ever since I got my LED's those mushrooms and others in my tank have been growing like crazy. I noticed recently that right next to the blue and green striped mushrooms are mushrooms that look like they have characteristics from all three mushrooms I described. They are blue with stripes in some areas and white blotches in others or both.

Do mushrooms have the ability to cross breed with a nearby mushroom? This would explain the two types right next to eachother, but what about the characteristics of the third type of mushroom on the other side of the tank?

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I don't think that mushrooms breed. They have babies by leaving a bit of themselves behind and that piece grows into a mushroom. They can also be cut into pieces and each will grow into a mushroom. I don't know if it is possible for one to pass its zooxanthellae to another.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: