NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i dont spot feed anything, but if i did mysis or cycopleze, never been into the phyto and ect, spot feeding = pain in the butt to me, i get good growth on my zoa's anyways

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
My Zoas multiply like crazy and my water is very clean, I do not spot feed zoas as they will not take food. Palys will take mysis, brine etc. I do add reef snow or marine snow. They are basically the same thing just different companies give them different names. I do spot feed my Palys though, And they grow like crazy as well. I have 4 colonies of 200+ zoas apiece that started as 15-20 zoas in August.

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
For me, I don't spot feed, But I leave most close to sand bed with moderate flow and they just multiply on there own.

The key is, don't hope for it to grow, just leave it alone, don't bother it, and just ignore it.

Before you know it, it will double in size

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Maybe shutting off the pump/powerhead while feeding would help, I've tried spot feeding but my bi colored blenny vaccums everything up.

I run bc14 with maxijet 900 in the back, crap-alia nano, and I got the rapidLEd kit for lighting; running 6 blue and 4 white

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Also mine are all on the bottom to mid level. Also when buying them always look for frags or colonies that are fully opened. I never buy any that are half closed or a few of them are closed unless a fish or something caused it. And I saw the fish do it.

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Also mine are all on the bottom to mid level. Also when buying them always look for frags or colonies that are fully opened. I never buy any that are half closed or a few of them are closed unless a fish or something caused it. And I saw the fish do it.

Yea I don't blame you. My cleaner shrimp is big and doofy, always stumbling over the zoa frags and its annoying:irked:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
What are the ideal settings for fast zoa growth? ... just curious.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but some zoanthids grow a lot faster/slower than others. Your issue may not be so much what you are doing, as what kinds of zoas you have in your tank.

Any pics? :)

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
how often should I add nano reef part A+B to the tank i'd been dosing every 10 days but closer to the water change the corals arent as open and colorful but after I dose and water change the tank is jumpin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: