Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll start from the beginning about a week and a half ago I started dosing esv a and b to get my calcium good. I mistakingly overdosed alkalinity and raised it to 15.0. My cap started to bleach and my colt coral shrunk up. I immediately did a 20 gallon water change. My other corals were fine but cap bleached but did not die it stopped colt coral continued to be shriveled up and fish were fine. I got all my parameters back to normal. I noticed thru this week my colt coral look like either it was detaching from rock or being eating by middle to end of week it started breaking apart. I wake up this morning to do water change notice my 5 chromes missing,hippo tang,bi color pseudo missing. I do my water change find my hippo tang dead,1 chromes dead, pseudo bi color having labored breathing could not catch him though and colt coral is melted and disintegrating. My clowns,shrimp,fox face,dwarf angel, OK kole tang hiding but still alive. All other coral even sps look fine. my parameters are sg 1024,cal400ppm,mag 1400ppm,dkh9.0ppm:irked:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
how u know u had a ammonia spike?
I would guess he tested for it... As i stated in a thread earlier a Colt coral is the first coral to show signs of there is something wrong and not the hardies of corals.You are doing the right thing by doing water changes, i had a similar incident with a dead mollusk.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I am so angry at my self. I lost cromes tangs it sucks I have done 20 gallons so far. Learning lessons in this hobby can be very hard. I have learned 2 this month alone. I tested water and saw ammonia.

sent from my HTC EVO
I felt the same way on several occasions i've been coming a long way and no one is immune ,it's like a relationship don't invest more than what you can afford to lose.I lost this fellow to the right ,it's actually pink in color in a similar fashion a few years ago never seen one like it since.

water_world_003.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: