Rating - 100%
70   0   0
From our friends at weather.com

Sunday afternoon and evening, snow will intensify in southern New England. At this time, the period of heaviest snow appears to fall in the NYC metro area late Sunday afternoon & evening, and in the Boston metro area Sunday night. Expect maximum travel impact during these times!

Strong, gusty winds will also crank up, making for poor visibilities and dangerous travel conditions, particularly from New Jersey into coastal New England late Sunday into Monday. Blizzard warnings have been issued from New York City and Long Island northeastward along the southern Connecticut coast to the Providence and Boston metro areas, then northward along the entire coast of Maine.

The high winds plus the weight of the snow will also cause widespread power outages and may result in some tree damage.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm not worried about the snow.. it's the wind I don't like hearing about... Let's hope we don't lose power..

(However, I'm calling out the weather people, as they always over estimate, and I doubt we're going to get more than 6-8 inches of snow.:shhh:)

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
Oh man, I hope it's not that bad...wanted to get away from the cold but it's freezing here in Orlando!Crossing my fingers, too...no way to check on the tank for another few days! Yikes!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
of course its the weekend i go upstate. crossing my fingers as well. so ive heard conflicting opinions. is there some sort of electrical backup system that i could get for sitiuations like this? something that isn't going to break the bank...

Last edited:

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I so hope there is NO power outage Iam on a cruise right now as I speak (don't know how I have service) and I have my 18 year old brother watching the tank for me Iam sick to my stomach lol that's how you know you love your REEF!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I so hope there is NO power outage Iam on a cruise right now as I speak (don't know how I have service) and I have my 18 year old brother watching the tank for me Iam sick to my stomach lol that's how you know you love your REEF!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

i would be the same way if my 18 year brother was watching, they like to over feed when they are that young,lol

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I am a little worried myself, The wind has really picked up. I was talking to my wife about getting a generator. My friend owns an electrical company, he can set the whole thing up. I was trying to sell her on it, that it would be good for everything. That we could use it for a TV, some lights and the refrigerator o-yeah and maybe the tank :sgrin:. She said she wasnt worried about anything other then the tank. We can always replace the food and light the fireplace, but the fish and coral need power to live. Its a christmas miracle :biggrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: