32Bit_Fish

Hi All,

My calcium level is at 320 and I want to raise it, but how?

I have some pickling lime powder which I believe I can make some lime water to add into the tank?

I also have a 10g reserve tank which it is being for Auto Water Top off. I'm thinking I add the lime powder to the reserve tank.

But how much do I need to add?

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I have had much success with Kalk, in my ATO. I stopped dosing because my kh levels were at 12. Its been 3 months without dosing and my Calcium stays between 460-480. My kh levels are now 8.

Hope that helps

~James

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
2 teaspoons to a gallon, but don't worry about over adding the powder mix. As long as, after you mix it, make sure that the tubing/pump/ect. is not completely touching the bottom of the container you have your top-off water in. Mix the solution once everytime you fill it back-up with ro/di water, RO water only obsorbes a certain amount anyway and the rest will just settel on the bottom of the container. When you first start this method, test your waters ALK. at least twice a day and never let it go over 12 DKH.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Thanks for the replies guys. My PH is at 8.2 while the lights are on. 7.9 in the morning. Alk was at 7.2 and Cal was at 320 (Salifert). I do not have a Mag test kit.

I added 1/2 teaspoon of lime powder in 1/2 gallon RO/DI water and it seems there are some white residuals sitting at the buttom of the bottle even after I shake the bottle vigorusely for well 30 seconds.

My reserve tank (ATO) has an open top, so I'm not sure it is a good idea to add lime powder directly into the reserve tank. Do you guys have a closed top reserve tank for ATO? I read somewhere the calcium will be lost once the lime water come to contact with air, is this right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: