Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So this is my next upgrade. Just thought I'd like to hear some reviews about models that people have already used, or just reputable brands. I figure I'll probably end up buying it used in the marketplace, but on the off chance that I actually get to choose a model, I would like to hear some suggestions...

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The only HOB fuge/skimmer I know of is the CPR aquafuge but it may be too wide for your tank if it's for your 25 gal cube. You might want to do a separate skimmer and fuge. An Aquamaxx HOB skimmer would be ideal. I got a used CPR aeroforce for $100 which does a great job. You would have options for the fuge. A good cheap option would be to mod an Aquaclear 110 into a fuge. I use a mod-ed AC70 on a 7.5 gal and love it.

Also if you wouldn't object to the look, you put an tunze 9002 or aquaticlife 115 in the tank. Both are fairly small. The Tunze being a lot more expensive and has a much bigger collection cup. I've used both and don't think there is a huge difference in performance although the tunze is better.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: