Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Does anyone know where I can order RO water delivered for cheap? I was thinking about just getting the large jugs of de-ionized water delivered, but the minimum they do per month is 8 which is way more than I need for my 25 gallon. I can't run my RO filter in my apt anymore and am trying to figure out how I'm going to solve this situation... Any suggestions would be great. As I said, making RO water in my Brooklyn apt. is no longer an option...

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Does anyone know where I can order RO water delivered for cheap? I was thinking about just getting the large jugs of de-ionized water delivered, but the minimum they do per month is 8 which is way more than I need for my 25 gallon. I can't run my RO filter in my apt anymore and am trying to figure out how I'm going to solve this situation... Any suggestions would be great. As I said, making RO water in my Brooklyn apt. is no longer an option...

Why cant you run your Ro unit in your apartment anymore?

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Why cant you run your Ro unit in your apartment anymore?

My guess is some kind of faucet situation.

Ever think about topping off with distilled water?

+1, I often use distilled because my RO unit is a pain in the buns to set up in my current living situation- all of the faucets are "fancy," so I can't screw the adapter on. There's a lot of MacGyver-ing with suction cup type things and plumber's tape and other nonsense, so I only hook it up when I'm going to make large amounts of water (for WCs and such). Store brand distilled water usually runs about $.99/gal, with a tank your size I can't see you going through more than 2 gallons a week in top off.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Janine guess correctly. With aquariums there is this inherent danger of spilling water. My landlord as he expressed to me would be much happier if I didn't make RO water at my apt. I've had two instances where making RO water has caused some sort of disturbance to the building. One time I forgot about it and it spilled over, and one time there was a faucet issue that made a bunch of water spill onto the floor. Each time the water flowed into the downstairs apartment. Needless to say, my neighbors weren't too happy about it. I go through about 15-20 gallons a month between water changes and top off. My tank is a rimless tank so I get a lot of evaporation. I also do approximately a 7.5 gallon water change every 1.5-2 weeks.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
As others have said, with a tank that size you could use distilled for top ups and just buy the boxed saltwater from petco for water changes.

On the other hand you could also just get a storage tank for the ro and have a plumber come install the Ro under the sink to make the landlord feel better.

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Janine guess correctly. With aquariums there is this inherent danger of spilling water. My landlord as he expressed to me would be much happier if I didn't make RO water at my apt. I've had two instances where making RO water has caused some sort of disturbance to the building. One time I forgot about it and it spilled over, and one time there was a faucet issue that made a bunch of water spill onto the floor. Each time the water flowed into the downstairs apartment. Needless to say, my neighbors weren't too happy about it. I go through about 15-20 gallons a month between water changes and top off. My tank is a rimless tank so I get a lot of evaporation. I also do approximately a 7.5 gallon water change every 1.5-2 weeks.

That rots. You couldn't do it in the tub either?

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If your worried about spillage , collect your water in a 5 gallon water jug in the tub. IN case of spillage its already in the tub and won't spill onto the floor. Just an idea.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: