E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm very happy with my tank but the sump design could be improved.

I have no personal experience (yet) but I've been looking into them for a while and have done a lot of research.. The tanks themselves are very well made and look amazing. I haven't heard rave reviews on the Elos skimmers or sumps really, but haven't heard anything glaring about them (except for the Mini's micro bubble issue)....

Personally, for the price, I think there are other tanks or even custom rimless setups that will be just as nice for much less money. Don't get me wrong, the Elos systems are SWEET but no matter what people say, you're still paying (at least partially) for the Elos sticker.

gennaro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just got my Elos Mini. And I love the simple style & finish is top grade. No cheap plastic parts... The design makes it not just a fish/reef tank, but part of your living room. A Marine Eco system that's better than any ohh or ahh out there! When people see them up and running whether in a store or in one's home they go "DAmm" that's so nice! :)
Plus the customer support from Jesse from Elos is incredible. Worth every penny!
Here's mine...

Attachments

• DSC01209.JPG
    DSC01209.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01212.JPG
    DSC01212.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 130

gennaro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well Guarda,
FYI- You're tank has always served as inspiration for mine... lol
I bought my Mini used from a great guy here on MR, Ed4. Great price cause it only was the tank & stand. No light, sump or skimmer. So I luckily scored an E-light Marine (6 blues) on eBay from a seller that Jesse from Elos knew. And then Custom King made me a sump/skimmer combo to fit inside the stand. Here is a pic of the sump...

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 93

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have no personal experience (yet) but I've been looking into them for a while and have done a lot of research.. The tanks themselves are very well made and look amazing. I haven't heard rave reviews on the Elos skimmers or sumps really, but haven't heard anything glaring about them (except for the Mini's micro bubble issue)....

Personally, for the price, I think there are other tanks or even custom rimless setups that will be just as nice for much less money. Don't get me wrong, the Elos systems are SWEET but no matter what people say, you're still paying (at least partially) for the Elos sticker.

+1

I think if you don't mind spending the cash on one then they are great.
I would have more fun piecing together a custom one that would be just as eye catching and more of my own design.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: