Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I just got off the phone with my insurance company (state farm insurance) and they said that they can't provide any real coverage for my fish tank through my dads homeowners insurance. I was wondering if there are any specific companies that work with aquarists to provide insurance in the New York City area. I am basically trying to get liability insurance if my fish tank were to explode or crack and cause damage to the apartment building that I'm living in. Could anyone give me some companies to work with? I don't want any other coverage since I am already covered for everything else. Thanks for the help.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
our homeowners covered it with a rider. fwiw, i couldnt find anyone to insure the contents of the tank or the equipment. it will cover me if i cause damage to the apartment/building but thats it.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
If anyone here that is a my resident has any sort of insurance questions pm me your # my brother Ed would be happy to help steer u in the right direction even if it's not through his agency
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used Liberty Mutual and they will cover damage caused by the fish tank. The policy is about $100 for the year and covers the apartment inclusive to other terms in the agreement. But no - not the actual livestock.

Makes me wonder if such an industry could exist given the high values of the actual livestock.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Matt,

Thanks a lot for setting me up with your brother. He got me an accurate quote in no time. Looks like im going to be covered if the tank cracks or anything else tragic like that were to happen, I am covered for any potential damage to the building neighbors/roommates stuff. Additionally, everything else is covered in my apartment including laptop, tv, furniture, etc as well. I should have done this a long time ago.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: