Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What do I have in place:

90 gallon oceanic tech tank and stand

ADHI 30 gallon sump

Tom perch p.c. light 13 watt

mag drive 18b return pump

48" nova extreme 6 bulb light (used but it should get me started) Thanks dragonblood

Cora life digital thermometer

pinnacle 100 gph 4 stage RODI system

2 koralia and maxi jet 900 powerhead

Euro reef rs 80 skimmer (used, but let see how it holds up). Thanks lucidheights, great great setup you have.

40 lb. live rock.

Cleaning out the tank and sump now. Two questions, what about live sand, what type and how much. after cleaning and picking up live sand then what?

All advice welcome.

Thank you

nittinid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR READY...JUST A NOTE...PATIENCE IS THE KEY...NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS FAST...YOU RUSH IN THIS HOBBY ITS GONNA COST YOU,TIME AND MONEY.LIVE SAND WILL BENEFIT YOUR TANK IN DURING THE CYCLE PROCESS AND WILL HELP THE STABILITY OF YOUR TANK IN THE LONG RUN.ONE LAST THING...DO YOUR RESEARCH...READ READ READ...AND WHEN YOU THINK YOU UNDERSTAND...RESEARCH IT AGAIN!!! CHANCE FAVORS A PREPARED MIND!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

iMa bE 90 YEaRs OLd DoIn a 30% wAtEr ChAnGe...cUz IMa bE rOcKiN TilL I dIe...:)

90 GALLON DISPLAY
IN DISPLAY;
110 LBS FIJI LIVE ROCK
85 LBS LIVE SAND
(3) 50GPH POWERHEADS
30 GALLON SUMP
IN SUMP;
40 LBS LIVE SAND
15 LBS FIJI LIVE ROCK.
FLUVAL 105
FLUVAL 405
PHOSBAN REACTOR
10 WATT U.V STEROLIZER (DONT HAVE AN ICK PROB)BUT JUST IN CASE
CORALIFE SUPER SKIMMER(150)
AND AN (ELITE) 200 WATT HEATER

L.S...SAILFIN TANG,YELLOW TANG AND A SMALL CLEAN UP CREW...4 NOW..:)

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
dude what are u running you need a mag 18.i have a 92 corner and have a mag nine hooked up to a manifold and i still have to close the valve some cause its to much .unless the sump is 2 floors down its way to much

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What size koralia do you have?
Im not sure how you sized you flow rates, it would be the best time to nail that down.

Will you be starting with soft coral? They are not as tolerant to flow as stony corals are.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: