Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - Finally want to scratch the itch and try a basic reef tank. I am in a NYC apt that requires specifc size - ballpark 30X12 range...height does not matter. looking to get an all in one set up that is easy to get started. I found the clear for life uniquarium 20G flatback hex that is perfect size, but really would like to see in person. Are their any retail stores in the NYC metro area that have a vast selection of fish tanks to browse? Most of the LFS I've been to don't really carry a wide selection of tanks. any suggestions? I don't really care about price differential online/offline, happy to pay more to see in person and talk to an intelligent person about setup.

If anyone one has experience with the CFL uniquariums, would love to hear your feedback too. I really need this to be a simple setup as I don't really know what I am doing, mostly.

thanks for your help.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
yea definitely check it out in person when i first started i wanted a 10 gallon then after more research i wanted a 20 gallon then i bought a 55 gallon and then not even a month later i wanted a 125 gallon and i never saw it in person before and i just kept thinking it was still to small when i looked at it on the computer and stuff then i saw it in a store and i asked they guy i was like what is this like a 300 gallon and he was like no its a 125 and my jaw dropped i had no idea it was that big so i loved it and bought it and that what i have now but after a few months you start to see the tank as being small like every day i go over and say oh i should have got a 250 or something yet the firs few times i saw it i thought it was like the biggest tank ive ever seen in my life so yea definitely check it out in person and dont buy it the first day. go a couple of times because the first time is never the same as when you see it all the time because i can still never get that first impression feeling of when i saw my tank no matter what way i look at it.
Hi - Finally want to scratch the itch and try a basic reef tank. I am in a NYC apt that requires specifc size - ballpark 30X12 range...height does not matter. looking to get an all in one set up that is easy to get started. I found the clear for life uniquarium 20G flatback hex that is perfect size, but really would like to see in person. Are their any retail stores in the NYC metro area that have a vast selection of fish tanks to browse? Most of the LFS I've been to don't really carry a wide selection of tanks. any suggestions? I don't really care about price differential online/offline, happy to pay more to see in person and talk to an intelligent person about setup.

If anyone one has experience with the CFL uniquariums, would love to hear your feedback too. I really need this to be a simple setup as I don't really know what I am doing, mostly.

thanks for your help.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
O yeah, thats what I wanted too, but unfortunately Im stuck with my 55 gallon for now. Thats totally ok with me, its my first tank and will be an opportunity for experience. If I were to move into my log home, I would have a 1000+ gallon saltwater tank in my wall in my basement. That really would be something. My dad is really fired up about something like that.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Welcome to MR. If you want to see tanks in person you could give New World Aquarium a call to see whether they have it in stock. I'm not sure that Manhattan Aquariums stocks tanks but you could also give them a call. They are both in Manhattan.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: