frnkynlop

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey guys,

I've had this green nepthea for long time and it has grown alot since I got it, but today I noticed that there's one branch that turning black and I don't know what it is or what to do and I'm wondering if I should cut it off or just let it be. Any help you guys could give would greatly appreciated.

here are my tank specs
salnity .26
ph 8.2
nitrates 0
nitrites 0
amonia 0

90 gallon with a 8 bulb T5 tek light fixture.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I would frag the part that is black. If there is something really wrong with that part you could be saving the colony and if there's nothing wrong you'll have a second nepthea ;). Beautiful coral BTW which is getting harder and harder to come by these days, one of my favorite leathers.

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I think Mushrooms can release toxins. I had the same issue with 1 of my aussie elegance when I first placed it next to a mushroom. It would fully extend 1 way, but stay shriveled up by the mushroom colony. I moved it over and gave it more room to grow & it's been fine since... I did bump up amount of carbon to try to clear up the toxins in the water over the last week..... just from my experience... but i'm not an expert.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: