Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I dont know if this will help at this point but what I did, was when I first put water in my tank, this is what I did:

Put all of the sand in on the bottom and even it out a bit
Then, put an inch of water and wait about 2 minutes
Then, put a container or medium sized cup at the bottom of the tank
Finally, pout the water slowly into the cup, and that will cause the water to slowly flow out and it wont cause a fog up, which can last a week, as it did for my friend.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i have a 125 and i did the same as you. it was about a week and a half before i could actually see through from front to back and about 3 weeks before i could see from the side all the way through and about a month - 2 months for it to be crystal clear like you see in aquariums. i have no idea why i took so long but thats what happened.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
theres to options you can go with turn all the powerheads and skimmer off like chief said and just let it settle or do what i did and put maximum flow and keep the skimmer on to take out all the dust and stuff from the water. i had to empty it like 3 times a day and it was like tan powder coming out every time.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i would say as soon as you want but no rush because it will still take time to clear up. i ran the pipes and stuff for mine like 3 hours after filling it. it also depends on the sand you use to know how long it will take to clear up. but in the mean time you can start cycling it while its cloudy. put all the live rock in and start the cycle it wont be effected by the cloudy water.
do i need to build the sump pump tonight and run it with the water cloudy or wait till it clears

PIOTR

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It took my tank around 36 hours to clear up.Return pump from my sump was on and my skimmer was on becouse I wanted to get as much of that staff out as posible. Give it another day or two, and listen to experienced people not Anthony Luciano. No offense Anthony but you are 3 months into this hobby and allready giving people advice.

DJYoshi

A Newbie to the Reef Game
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
shouldn't be that much longer till it's clear..but just b/c it's clear doesn't mean that it's good to go and start putting LS in. I'd say like everyone else, go ahead & start your cycle... there are a bunch of different methods to start the cycling process..but def don't skip out on it or rush it...
welcome to MR. I'm always up in West Chester if you ever just wanna link up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: