Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently acquired a great-looking blue long tentacle anemone. Problem is my ocellaris clownfish won't host it. Any suggestions as to which type of clownfish would be more inclined to host it? I think part of the issue is that the ocellaris is ORA.

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have a tank raised clownfish who's probably never seen an anemone in his life. I've read some success stories of people putting tank raised clowns in a jar with the anemone for a few hours at a time and then pairing with the anemone but I'm ok with my clown taking out his sexual frustrations on my return pump.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
LTA is M.doreensis. this is a list of the natural symbiants. as crazy as it sounds i have heard of people having sucess after taping a picture of a clownfish in an anemone to thier tank.. i have never tried it.

Symbipotic%20map.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I recently acquired a great-looking blue long tentacle anemone.
Are you sure this is not a 'dyed' anemone? Don't recall seeing a blue LTA, before.

on another note...I have a condy that over the past 6+ yrs has changed colors, at least 3 times and has hosted tomato, clarkii, maroon, and ocellaris clowns

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
it is dyed and verry bleached imo. best to keep the fish out for now and see if it recovers. fish will only stress it more. give it a few weeks and see how it goes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: