Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 55G tank cleared up its been running for for weeks i put 15 damsels and 75lbs of live rock to help cycle the tank.lost 2 fish already (i think
that the plan) but someone people told me i need to get a chiller & a uv sterillizer others say it not needed.. here a picture of my set up

thanx MR friends

Attachments

• my tank.jpg
    my tank.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 74

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Wow, that's the old school way to cycle a tank by using damsels. first step I would use is getting rid of all the damsels. Did your tank cycle already? And by just using a raw shrimp or some frozen fish food you could have saved some money instead of buying all the damsels. There really is no need for a UV sterilizer and what type of lighting are you running on the tank? How hot does it get in your house in the summer? These are things that would come into play with a chiller.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
how about a list of the equipt u do have and do you have a sump, ro\di unit, skimmer ect, and there's two sides to the coin on uv, i personally use one and wouldnt go without one, have to find recent fish mag article on it

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im running the Nova extreme t5 ho lighting(i hope i pick a good set of lights)
i try to keep the living room about 65 in the summer
sea clone 100 skimmer
20 g sump with a 1200 quiet one pump
2 aqua clear powerheads 1 a 50 and 1 a 3
75 lbs live rock & about 40lbs sand

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: