Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I have a 75 gallon RR tank. I was given a stand however the corner overflow is in direct line with the stand. Im thinking about cutting/drilling into the supports to run the lines and supporting the stand with 2x4's. Thoughts? Recommendations? Or would be safer to buy a new stand? Pics are below thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 167

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
personally I wouldn't cut into that stand. That thing looks old as it is anyways. The stand looks oversized, I never liked messing with stands once they were built.

nittinid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU CAN GET BY WITHOUT CUTTING INTO THE STAND JUST BUY A COUPLE OF ELBOWS.. I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM...WITH MY DRILLED(BOTTOM)TANK...IF YOU'DE LIKE..LOOK AT THE WAY I OVERCAME THE PROBLEM...A COUPLE OF ELBOWS DID THE TRICK WITHOUT ALTERING THE PRESSURE OF THE WATER FLOW...THE PART THAT WILL HELP YOU IS AT 4 MIN 40 SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO....HOPE THIS HELPS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMfCDpt9bXs

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
If you look again at his pics you'll see that the holes are directly on top of the beams in the stand. There's no room for elbows. I watched your video but didn't see any similarity. From the tank your pipes go straight down.
YOU CAN GET BY WITHOUT CUTTING INTO THE STAND JUST BUY A COUPLE OF ELBOWS.. I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM...WITH MY DRILLED(BOTTOM)TANK...IF YOU'DE LIKE..LOOK AT THE WAY I OVERCAME THE PROBLEM...A COUPLE OF ELBOWS DID THE TRICK WITHOUT ALTERING THE PRESSURE OF THE WATER FLOW...THE PART THAT WILL HELP YOU IS AT 4 MIN 40 SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO....HOPE THIS HELPS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMfCDpt9bXs

nittinid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with the return pumps(2) not being able to go staight up with the p.v.c. Thats why i used the elbows...and your right....took another look at the pic...i didnt realize how close the holes were to the stand...theres not enough clearence...best bet...buy a new stand...:/

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From what I can see from your photos your tank is not in the right position on the stand. If you were to put it in the right place you can them mark with a sharpie exactly were the holes need to be. It would then be easier to access how much you actually have to cut away. It may not be as much as you think. It appears that they are 2x4s on its side which may not be as structurally important as you think. It would be helpful to see an image of stand under the top lip. There may be additional support that can not be seen in the pix.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: